China has been one of the major markets for the foreign exchange industry for over a decade now. With high net worth and appealing investor profile, forex brokers have been targeting this country, but not all successfully.
In our previous blog posts, we have paid a lot of attention to the digital area of Inbound marketing. Today it's time to discuss the actual power of Event Marketing.
In today’s competitive market, businesses need to seize every opportunity to build strong relationships with prospects and associates. Personal touch plays vital role for prospects when evaluating brands, products, and services, especially in Asia and a country such as China, where relationships at any level come as #1 priority.
Here is why businesses choose to participate and organise events.
1. BUILD BRAND AWARENESS
Any type of event participation can grant your brand certain level of promotion. It is up to you though to take certain measures and enable for the most outcome. Some of the benefits of brand awareness in forex event marketing can result in local SEO (media, PR and reviews), boost your website traffic, present your brand to the industry (booth, banners and other marketing materials at the event) and help establish thought leadership (workshop, speech).
RELATED: FEATURED FOREX EVENTS ON ATOZ FOREX
2. GENERATE QUALITY LEADS
Online it can be hard to find the most relevant people for your business, especially when it comes to over a billion people in China. Niche events are a great way to meet with ONLY the people who are actually in your industry and care about the foreign exchange. Here are some tools you can apply to help you gather more quality leads:
- Apply for a barcode to scan the badges of the participants with their contact information
- Prepare offline registration forms
- Run a short contest or a give-away promotion to collect contact information
- Organise a workshop within an event
- Have your laptops set at the booth with the bonus landing pages open for registration
Establishing strong relationships with partners and associates is just as important and you must not neglect on this part. Major affilaites, IBs and fund managers often attend forex industry events, and they are also the ones who can bring you good business. This is especially important in Asia.
4. ENGAGE WITH CUSTOMERS
Get customer feedback for optimising your offers, strengthen relationships, discuss cross/up-sell opportunities. These altogether can significantly impact your long-term business relatonship. Make sure to listen, and ALWAYS follow up!
Education is becoming a big trend nowadays, and the main thing is - IT'S WORKING! Educating your prospects, clients and associates not only helps build relationships, it also has positive effect on the "trust" element and gives you (personally) and your brand more credibility as an "expert" in the field. Many misinterpret education programs for only attracting the beginner traders and small capital investors, but this NOT always true. Many forex brokers are also applying Intermediate, Advanced courses, as well as Market Analysis and Trading Strategy discussions on a much higher level, which often attract high-end investors.
6. CONVERT PROSPECTS INTO CLIENTS
Last but not least, we are getting to the whole point in forex business - the bottom line, sales. There is a reason why this (often first goal on the list) is not listed as #1 here. The reason is simple - sale is not the first in the customer lifecycle. Before the sale, or even a consideration for your product or service happens, there is brand awareness, which often times management does not pay enough attention, as this is where the big bucks (of marketing budget) are going to. Yes, to sell in the consumer world of today your company needs to establish a strong brand, make it easy for clients to find your product, present your offer as the BEST AMONG COMPETITION, make it easy and simple to get to the purchase stage, and only then, to buy. If you make the best out of the customer lifecycle stages, your sales process will become 'flawless'.
Here's a quick guideline for you to keep in mind for maximum output of your efforts for event marketing:
- Set SMART goals and know your objectives. This will set your strategic focus for the event (what, why, where, who, how).
- Be creative and create a theme for your brand appearance at the event. Getting the right first impression and attracting attention is the focus of the first contact.
- Plan ahead and make sure to connect with the people you want to meet in advance to set the time and venue for meetings. This part is especially important when you are arranging a booth, a sponsorship or a workshop at an event.
- Apply multiple touch points to attract and interact with customers, prospects and associates across the web, social media, press, mobile and search.
- Use the power of Social Media as this is one of the major channels where people actually learn about certain events and make decisions to participate. Read about how to make social media campaigns successful.
- Engage with video. Recent studies show that using video can significantly boost brand awareness and positively impact the conversion cycle.
- Analyse the performance and measure your results: how many people did you meet, how many were interested, who converted, how much was budgeted / spent, what is the ROI, etc.
Not to forget, 7marketz Inc is the Official Media Partner of China Forex Expo 2016, taking place on 15th – 16th of April in in Shenzhen, China. As AtoZ Forex journalist quotes
China Forex Expo 2016 is expected to be one of the best Forex and Binary Options related expos in South East Asia. The event is expected to bring over 60 Forex and binary options exhibitors, as well as traders, investors, affiliates and IBs under one hood. The expo will also cover an award ceremony to distinguish the Forex Industry leaders; honored guest speakers such as AtoZ Forex Academy Captain Yagub Rahimov will discuss hottest topics of the Forex industry, give you insights that you would not find elsewhere.