Today nearly every company has implemented search engine marketing (SEM) in their marketing mix. Why not, you can start with any budget and pay only if someone actually clicks and visits your website.
But, has everyone been doing it right? Let’s dig deeper into the algorithm, how Google AdWords for tech startups actually works and ways you can grow up your business more efficiently.
HERE ARE SOME GOOGLE ADWORDS FACTS EVERYONE MUST KNOW
- You can choose to pay for your ads by CPC, CPA or CPM model;
- The minimum CPM bid for placement-targeted campaigns is $0.25.There is no minimum requirement for CPC.
- AdWords offers site-targeted advertising for text, banner, rich-media ads, and remarketing;
- Targeting is customisable locally, nationally, and internationally;
- AdText headline consists of 25 characters, followed by 2 lines of copy, 35 characters each, and a display URL, also of 35 characters;
- Image ad sizes follow the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standards;
- You can exclude specific IP addresses (up to 500 per campaign) and locations to narrow the target audience;
- You can enter keywords, domain names, topics, and demographic targeting preferences for campaigns in the control panel;
- You can show your ads on Google and Partner networks (search includes AOL search, Ask.com, and Netscape);
- You are obliged to follow the keywords and ads’ terms and conditions, as there are certain restrictions, e.g. you are not allowed to use other companies' trademarks in the text if it has been registered with Advertising Legal Support team.
- The Google Display Network shows ads on sites using AdSense and DoubleClick;
- Other alternatives to search ads are Yahoo! Search Marketing and Bing Ads.
HOW THE ADWORDS AUCTION (BIDDING) WORKS
Are you running Google AdWords for your tech startup? How has it been working for you? Share your questions with us in the comments below!